Sunday, November 06, 2011

Still Waters Run Deep


While cleaning Katie's desk of her hundreds of masterpieces, in order to make way for all of the masterpieces to come, this is one of the more interesting pieces that I found.


I did not know whether to laugh or cry.  My little girl seems to be a bit fascinated with the Bieber!  I am still digesting this newest find and contemplating the future.  Can't we just freeze time and keep my baby innocent forever?  I already know the answer to that but I still hear that refrain in my head over and over when stuff like this pops up.  The crazy thing is that I really shelter the kids quite a bit to preserve their innocence and they have no older siblings in the home to influence them.  I cannot even imagine what would be if I wasn't the way that I am....perish the thought!


P.S.  Katie just walked in on me and saw this post with the pic and could not figure out why it was on the computer screen.  She looked at me and through her laughter said..."and how did you get that on there you sneaky mommy!?!"  


Oh man, this girl is gonna give us a run for our money!


1 comment:

Vivian M said...

They learn it from their peers at school - or on the school bus (to my chagrin, the driver plays a modern pop/rap station). We do not listen to these things at home, but yet Kerri knows all the words to the Katie Perry (sp?) "Fireworks" song and says she does not like the Bieber. I had to look them up because I had no idea what she was talking about!